Bharti Airtel, incorporated on July 7, 1995 is the flagship company of Bharti Enterprises. The Bharti Group, has a diverse business portfolio and has created global brands in the telecommunication sector. Bharti Airtel, is Asia’s leading integrated telecom services provider with operations in India and Sri Lanka. Bharti Airtel has been at the forefront of the telecom revolution and has transformed the sector with its world-class services built on leading edge technologies.
Bharti Enterprises is one of India’s leading business groups with interests in telecom, retail, manufacturing, agri business and financial services. Bharti has recently forayed into retail business as Bharti Retail Pvt. Ltd. under a MoU with Wal-Mart for the cash & carry business. It has successfully launched an international venture with EL Rothschild Group to export fresh agri products exclusively to markets in Europe and USA and has launched Bharti AXA Life Insurance Company Ltd under a joint venture with AXA, world leader in financial protection and wealth management.
Bharti Airtel is India’s largest integrated and the first private telecom services provider with a footprint in all the 23 telecom circles. Bharti Airtel since its inception has been at the forefront of technology and has steered the course of the telecom sector in the country with its world class products and services.
The businesses at Bharti Airtel have been structured into three individual strategic business units (SBU’s) - Mobile Services, Airtel Telemedia Services & Enterprise Services. The mobile business provides mobile & fixed wireless services using GSM technology across 23 telecom circles while the Airtel Telemedia Services business offers broadband & telephone services in 95 cities and has recently launched India's best Direct-to-Home (DTH) service, Airtel digital TV. The Enterprise services provide end-to-end telecom solutions to corporate customers and national & international long distance services to carriers. All these services are provided under the Airtel brand. Airtel's high-speed optic fibre network currently spans over 90,205 kms covering all the major cities in the country.
The company has two international landing stations in Chennai that connects two submarine cable systems - i2i to Singapore and SEA-ME-WE-4 to Europe.
Bharti Airtel (Singapore) Private Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary was incorporated on 2nd April, 2007 and will obtain a license to enable interconnecting the i2i cable with other submarine cable systems landing in Singapore to provide increased onward connectivity to US West Coast and also to cater to connectivity requirements in Asia Pacific and for carrying the business of International Calling Card Services.
Products and services offered by the company:
Broadband & Internet
- Speed on demand
- Airtel PC secure
- Airtel Net PC
Data and IP Solutions
Email on the go
- Windows Mobile 5.0
- Airtel Easy Mail
- International Calling Cards
- Airtel Call Home
- Airtel World Calling Cards
• Ranked amongst top 100 firms in ‘The World’s Most Innovative Companies’ (2017) by Forbes
• Awarded the ‘Best Risk Management Practice Award’ in the Telecom category at ‘India Risk Management Awards’
• Ranked second in Business World’s ‘Most Respected Companies’ in India survey
• Ranked second in the annual Brandz ‘Top 50 Most Valued Indian Brands 2017’ report. According to the study, Company’s brand was valued at US$ 10.2 billion
• Bharti Airtel named ‘Aon Best Employer’ in the ‘Aon Best Employers – India 2017 Programme’ at the ‘Aon Best Employers India 2017 Learning Conference and Awards’
• Bharti Airtel is conferred with the "Certificate of Recognition for Excellence in Corporate Governance 2016" by the Institute of Company Secretaries of India
• Ranked first in a listing of 100 emerging market multinational companies by Transparency International on corporate transparency and reporting
• Secured the second position in Interbrand’s ‘Best Indian Brands Report 2016’
• Bharti Airtel is winner of ‘Golden Peacock Award for Excellence in Corporate Governance’ for the year 2016
• Recognised as the ‘Firm of the Year – Telecom’ at the 3rd edition of ICICI Lombard & CNBC-TV18 India Risk Management Awards
• Bharti Airtel won the ‘Firm of the year – Telecommunication’ Award at the CNBC TV18 India Risk Management Awards 2015
• Honored with the ‘Golden Peacock Award for Sustainability 2015’ at the London Global Convention on Corporate
• Won the ‘Operator Excellence Award’ in the ‘Business Innovation in Risk Management’
• Won the Aegis Graham Bell Award 2015 in the mHealth category.
• Airtel Ghana won four awards - ‘Telecom Brand of the Year’, ‘Marketing Campaign of the Year’, ‘Innovative Enterprise Product of the Year’ and ‘Special Recognition to the Telecom Industry’
2014 Airtel crosses 200 million mobile customer mark in India
2013 Airtel signs definitive agreement to fully acquire Warid Uganda
2012 Bharti Airtel move one notch in the world wide ranking to be the fourth largest mobile operator in the world in terms of subscribers.
2011 Bharti Airtel and other global telcos launch EIG for Commercial use
2011 Bharti Airtel partners with Savvis for enhancing Managed Service offerings
2010 Bharti Airtel launches high capacity direct terrestrial link between India and China
2010 Bharti Airtel rated as India’s Best Enterprise Connectivity Provider
2010 Bharti Airtel launches Global Data Services in Thailand & Malaysia
• Airtel and Hotstar announce strategic partnership
• Airtel and Amazon join hands
• Airtel and Samsung join hands
• India’s northern frontier on to the digital superhighway
• Airtel Acquires Strategic Stake in Juggernaut
• Launches India’s first Telecom Infra Project (TIP) Community Lab
• Over 10,000 customers open
• savings accounts with Airtel
• India’s first Payments Bank
• LIVE-Airtel Payments Bank
• Airtel achieves 74% reduction in emissions per terabyte on its network
- Bharti Airtel ranked fourth in Transparency 2013
- Airtel wins top honours at the 7th Frost & Sullivan ICT Awards 2008
- Bharti Airtel hs been awarded the 'Best Cellular Service Provider' and 'Best Broadband Service Provider' at the 2008 V&D 100 Awards.
- Bharti Airtel has been voted as India 's most innovative company , in a survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal.
- Airtel has been voted the 2nd Most Trusted Service Brand in the Annual Economic Times-Brand Equity, Most Trusted Brands survey.
- Airtel has won the Platinum Trusted Brand Award in the Mobile Service provider category in the Reader's Digest Asia Trusted Brands Survey .
- Airtel bagged 'Wireless Service Provider of the Year' award at the 2008 Frost & Sullivan Asia Pacific ICT Awards.
- Voted India’s most innovative company – in a survey conducted by The Wall Street Journal in 2008
- Winner of the “Gallup Great Workplace Award”- Gallup Consulting, 2008
- “2nd Most Trusted Service Brand” - Annual Economic Times-Brand Equity, Most Trusted Brands survey 2008
- ‘Best Content Service’ Award for its Farmer Information Dissemination Platform for Bharti Airtel’s joint venture with IFFCO, IKSL (IFFCO Kisan Samachar) - World Communications Awards 2008
- Best Project Management’ Award for its Gujarat e-GRAM project - World Communications Awards 2008
- “Best Telecom Company” at the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards
- Best Carrier India for innovative products & services and efficient cost models and the Ovum Telco-Transformation award recognizing philosophy and execution of a successful outsourcing strategy at the Telecom Asia Awards 2008
- Sunil Bharti Mittal was awarded the GSM Association Chairman’s Award 2008. The highest honour in global telecom sector, recognized his tremendous contribution to the development of India’s telecom sector
- Sunil Bharti Mittal adjudged the “Business Leader Transforming India, 2008 at the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Awards
- Bharti Airtel has won the ‘Most Preferred Cellular Service Provider Brand’ award at the CNBC Awaaz Consumer Awards in Mumbai.
- Bharti Airtel has received the prestigious Businessworld-FICCI-SEDF Corporate Social Responsibility Award 2009-2010.