Colgate-Palmolive is Rs1,300 crore company started in year 1937.In Rs2,400 crore domestic market it enjoys 50% of market share.It spread across 4.5 million retails outlets out of which 1.5 million are direct outlets.
The Company is having four wholly owned subsidiaries namely Colgate-Palmolive (Nepal) ,Multimint Leasing & Finance and Jigs Investments and Passion Trading & Investment Company.
In November 2007, it acquired a 75% equity interest in Advanced Oral Care Products, Professional Oral Care Products and SS Oral Hygiene Products, the company is the fastest growing and one of the oldest company catering to the personal care products. The company is regularly coming up with new products and has been a consistent financial performer.
In July 2009, the Bombay High Court sanctioned the amalgamation of both subsidiaries of the company - Advanced Oral Care Products, Goa and Professional Oral Care Products, Goa.
In March 2010, Colgate Palmolive (India) has acquired the remaining 25% of stake in CC Health Care Products from the local shareholders at an aggregate price of Rs 69.07 lakh. Colgate already has 75% stake in CC Health, which is engaged in the manufacture of toothpowder at Hyderabad.
Oral care-Under this segment the company offers product like toothpastes, toothbrush, tooth powder & tooth whitening products.
Personal care -In this segment it offer products skin care, hair care ,body wash ,& shaving creams
Household care-Under this segment it has launched brand AXIOM-a dish washing paste.
From the Dentist - New products line introduced by the company under which it provides products like Gingivitis Treatment, Colgate Sensitive treatment, Tooth Whitening, Fluoride Therapy, Mouth Ulcer Treatment, Specialty Cleaning.
It has also introduced new products namely colgate dental floss,ORAGARD-B a mouth ulcer cream etc.
In 2011 Colgate-Palmolive (India), the market leader in oral care, has introduced Colgate 360° Surround - a ground-breaking and innovative toothbrush with a unique head.
Safe-In-Sound Excellence in Hearing and Loss Prevention Award 2012 ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year Top 2012 Employers: Best Company for Asian Pacific Americans 100 Best Companies Top 50 Companies for Diversity World's Most Admired CompaniesAmerica's 25 Most Reputable Companies
Top 50 Companies for Multicultural Business OpportunitiesTop 50 Companies for Latinas to Work For 100 Best Corporate CitizensTop 50 Companies for Diversity 2013 Energy Star Partner of the YearTop 50 Companies for Executive Women World’s Most Ethical CompaniesWorld's Most Admired Companies Fortune 500 Companies Best Companies for Multicultural WomenOutstanding Diversity Leadership25 Best Big Companies for Work-Life Balance Best Global Green Brands 2013-2014 Dow Jones Sustainability Indices2013 CDP Climate Disclosure Leadership Index
Top 50 Companies for Executive WomenColgate Named #1 Most Trusted Brand in IndiaEnergy Star 'Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence'World’s Most Ethical Companies
2014- Awarded Ethical Brand in FMCG Sector — World CSR Congress.- Awarded the Best Supplier of the Year 2013 — Tesco India at their Supplier Conference. - Ranked the #1 Most Chosen Consumer Brand — In Kantar Worldpanel Brand Footprint Report. - Product of the Year 2014, in the Toothpaste category, was awarded to Colgate Visible White — In a research conducted by Nielsen for Product of the Year (India) Pvt. Ltd.
- Brand Colgate was facilitated as one of Top 50 Most Valuable Brands — in a BrandZ Survey conducted by the WPP agency Millward Brown for the first time in India.
2015 - Product of the Year 2015, in the Toothbrush category, was awarded to Colgate Charcoal Slim Soft — In a research conducted by Nielsen for Product of the Year (India) Pvt. Ltd. - Colgate SlimSoft Charcoal Toothbrush was honored with Award for Outstanding Innovation — at Aditya Birla Retail’s (ABR) MORE Confluence 2015.
- Conferred with the Award for Excellence in Quality - FMCG for its brilliant customer service — at Aditya Birla Retail’s (ABR) MORE Confluence 2015. - Innovative Approach to Waste Management was conferred to the Plant at Goa — In the Geocycle Meet 2015.
2016- GOLD Certification - LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) New Construction Project 2016 - Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) — manufacturing facility at Sanand, Gujarat. - GOLD Certification - LEED (Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design) New Construction Project 2016 - Indian Green Building Council (IGBC) — manufacturing facility at Sricity, Andhra Pradesh.
- Recognition for Excellence in Supply Chain & Logistics during the 3rd Annual Edition by — The Economic Times Supply Chain Management & Logistics. - Top 50 Brands in the Bottom of the Pyramid Category — by Pitch from exchange4media. - Ranked once again #2 in 'The Top Brands in India' survey conducted by Market Xcel in collaboration with Brand Asia. — Colgate has been in top 5 in this survey since its inception in 2012.
- Colgate ranked Number One - The Most Trusted Brand in India, — across all categories, in the 2016 edition of The Economic Times Brand Equity Most Trusted Brands survey, conducted by Nielsen.
- For the 6th year in a row in 2011-2016. - The only brand to be in the top three of the survey since its inception in 2001-2016. '