Tata Motors was established in 1945 as Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd. to manufacture locomotives and other engineering products. It is India's largest automobile company, with standalone revenues of Rs. 25,660.79 crores (USD 5.5 billion) in 2008-09. It is the leader in commercial vehicles in each segment, and among the top three in passenger vehicles with winning products in the compact, midsize car and utility vehicle segments. The company is the world's fourth largest truck manufacturer, and the world's second largest bus manufacturer.
The company's 23,000 employees are guided by the vision to be 'best in the manner in which they operate best in the products they deliver and best in their value system and ethics.'
Tata Motors' presence indeed cuts across the length and breadth of India. Over 4 million Tata vehicles ply on Indian roads, since the first rolled out in 1954. The company's manufacturing base in India is spread across Jamshedpur (Jharkhand), Pune (Maharashtra), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), Pantnagar (Uttarakhand) and Dharwad (Karnataka). Following a strategic alliance with Fiat in 2005, it has set up an industrial joint venture with Fiat Group Automobiles at Ranjangaon (Maharashtra) to produce both Fiat and Tata cars and Fiat powertrains. The company is establishing a new plant at Sanand (Gujarat). The company's dealership, sales, services and spare parts network comprises over 3500 touch points; Tata Motors also distributes and markets Fiat branded cars in India.
Tata Motors, the first company from India's engineering sector to be listed in the New York Stock Exchange (September 2004), has also emerged as an international automobile company. Through subsidiaries and associate companies, Tata Motors has operations in the UK, South Korea, Thailand and Spain. Among them is Jaguar Land Rover, a business comprising the two iconic British brands that was acquired in 2008. In 2004, it acquired the Daewoo Commercial Vehicles Company, South Korea's second largest truck maker. The rechristened Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicles Company has launched several new products in the Korean market, while also exporting these products to several international markets. Today two-thirds of heavy commercial vehicle exports out of South Korea are from Tata Daewoo. In 2005, Tata Motors acquired a 21% stake in Hispano Carrocera, a reputed Spanish bus and coach manufacturer, with an option to acquire the remaining stake as well. Hispano's presence is being expanded in other markets. In 2006, it formed a joint venture with the Brazil-based Marcopolo, a global leader in body-building for buses and coaches to manufacture fully-built buses and coaches for India and select international markets. In 2006, Tata Motors entered into joint venture with Thonburi Automotive Assembly Plant Company of Thailand to manufacture and market the company's pickup vehicles in Thailand. The new plant of Tata Motors (Thailand) has begun production of the Xenon pickup truck, with the Xenon having been launched in Thailand at the Bangkok Motor Show 2008.
Tata Motors is also expanding its international footprint, established through exports since 1961. The company's commercial and passenger vehicles are already being marketed in several countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, South Asia and South America. It has franchisee/joint venture assembly operations in Kenya, Bangladesh, Ukraine, Russia and Senegal.
The foundation of the company's growth over the last 50 years is a deep understanding of economic stimuli and customer needs, and the ability to translate them into customer-desired offerings through leading edge R&D. With over 2,000 engineers and scientists, the company's Engineering Research Centre, established in 1966, has enabled pioneering technologies and products. The company today has R&D centres in Pune, Jamshedpur, Lucknow, in India, and in South Korea, Spain, and the UK. It was Tata Motors, which developed the first indigenously developed Light Commercial Vehicle, India's first Sports Utility Vehicle and, in 1998, the Tata Indica, India's first fully indigenous passenger car. Within two years of launch, Tata Indica became India's largest selling car in its segment. In 2005, Tata Motors created a new segment by launching the Tata Ace, India's first indigenously developed mini-truck.
In January 2008, Tata Motors unveiled its People's Car, the Tata Nano, which India and the world have been looking forward to. The Tata Nano has been subsequently launched, as planned, in India in March 2009. A development, which signifies a first for the global automobile industry, the Nano brings the comfort and safety of a car within the reach of thousands of families. The standard version has been priced at Rs.100, 000 (excluding VAT and transportation cost).
Designed with a family in mind, it has a roomy passenger compartment with generous leg space and head room. It can comfortably seat four persons. Its mono-volume design will set a new benchmark among small cars. Its safety performance exceeds regulatory requirements in India. Its tailpipe emission performance too exceeds regulatory requirements. In terms of overall pollutants, it has a lower pollution level than two-wheelers being manufactured in India today. The lean design strategy has helped minimise weight, which helps maximise performance per unit of energy consumed and delivers high fuel efficiency. The high fuel efficiency also ensures that the car has low carbon dioxide emissions, thereby providing the twin benefits of an affordable transportation solution with a low carbon footprint.
In May 2009, Tata Motors ushered in a new era in the Indian automobile industry, in keeping with its pioneering tradition, by unveiling its new range of world standard trucks. In their power, speed, carrying capacity, operating economy and trims, they will introduce new benchmarks in India and match the best in the world in performance at a lower life-cycle cost.
The years to come will see the introduction of several other innovative vehicles, all rooted in emerging customer needs. Besides product development, R&D is also focussing on environment-friendly technologies in emissions and alternative fuels.
Through its subsidiaries, the company is engaged in engineering and automotive solutions, construction equipment manufacturing, automotive vehicle components manufacturing and supply chain activities, machine tools and factory automation solutions, high-precision tooling and plastic and electronic components for automotive and computer applications, and automotive retailing and service operations.
True to the tradition of the Tata Group, Tata Motors is committed in letter and spirit to Corporate Social Responsibility. It is a signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, and is engaged in community and social initiatives on labour and environment standards in compliance with the principles of the Global Compact. In accordance with this, it plays an active role in community development, serving rural communities adjacent to its manufacturing locations.
Product range of the company includes:
- Indica Vista, Indica V2, indica V2 Turbo, Indica V2 Xeta, Indica V2 Dicor., Aria, Zest and Bolt (upcoming)
- Indigo XL, Indigo, Indigo Marina Indigo CS.
- Safari Dicor.
- Sumo Grande.
- Xenon XT.
- Medium & Heavy Comm. Vehicles, Tata Novus.
- Intermediate Comm. Vehicles.
- Light Commercial Vehicles, TL 4×4, Small Commercial Vehicles.
Commercial Passenger Carriers:
Subsidiaries of the company:
- Jaguar Land Rover.
- Tata Technologies Ltd. (TTL) and its subsidiaries.
- Telco Construction Equipment Co. Ltd. (Telcon).
- HV Axles Ltd. (HVAL).
- HV Transmissions Ltd. (HVTL).
- TAL Manufacturing Solutions Ltd. (TAL).
- Sheba Properties Ltd. (Sheba).
- Concorde Motors (India) Ltd. (Concorde).
- Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company Ltd (TDWCV).
- Hispano Carrocera S. A. (HC).
- Tata Motors Insurance Broking & Advisory Services Ltd (TMIBASL).
- Tata Motors European Technical Centre plc.
- Tata Motors Finance Limited.
- Tata Motors Thailand.
- Tata Marcopolo Motors Ltd (TMML).
- Tata Motors (SA) Proprietary Ltd (TMSA).
- TML Distribution Company Ltd (TDCL).
- 1945 Tata Engineering and Locomotive Co. Ltd. was established to manufacture locomotives and other engineering products.
- 1948 Steam road roller introduced in collaboration with Marshall Sons (UK).
- 1954 Collaboration with Daimler Benz AG, West Germany, for manufacture of medium commercial vehicles. The first vehicle rolled out within 6 months of the contract.
- 1959 Research and Development Centre set up at Jamshedpur.
- 1961 Exports begin with the first truck being shipped to Ceylon, now Sri Lanka.
- 1966 Setting up of the Engineering Research Centre at Pune to provide impetus to automobile Research and Development.
- 1971 Introduction of DI engines.
- 1977 First commercial vehicle manufactured in Pune.
- 1983 Manufacture of Heavy Commercial Vehicle commences.
- 1985 First hydraulic excavator produced with Hitachi collaboration.
- 1986 Production of first light commercial vehicle, Tata 407, indigenously designed, followed by Tata 608.
- 1989 Introduction of the Tatamobile 206 - 3rd LCV model.
- 1991 Launch of the 1st indigenous passenger car Tata Sierra. TAC 20 crane produced. One millionth vehicle rolled out.
- 1992 Launch of the Tata Estate.
- 1993 Joint venture agreement signed with Cummins Engine Co. Inc. for the manufacture of high horsepower and emission friendly diesel engines.
- 1994 Launch of Tata Sumo - the multi utility vehicle. Launch of LPT 709 - a full forward control, light commercial vehicle. Joint venture agreement signed with M/s Daimler - Benz / Mercedes - Benz for manufacture of Mercedes Benz passenger cars in India. Joint venture agreement signed with Tata Holset Ltd., UK for manufacturing turbochargers to be used on Cummins engines.
- 1995 Mercedes Benz car E220 launched.
- 1996 Tata Sumo deluxe launched.
- 1997 Tata Sierra Turbo launched. 100,000th Tata Sumo rolled out.
- 1998 Tata Safari - India's first sports utility vehicle launched. 2 millionth vehicle rolled out. Indica, India's first fully indigenous passenger car launched.
- 1999 115,000 bookings for Indica registered against full payment within a week. Commercial production of Indica commences in full swing.
- 2000 First consignment of 160 Indicas shipped to Malta. Indica with Bharat Stage 2 (Euro II) compliant diesel engine launched. Utility vehicles with Bharat 2 (Euro II) compliant engine launched. Indica 2000 (Euro II) with multi point fuel injection petrol engine launched. Launch of CNG buses. Launch of 1109 vehicle - Intermediate commercial vehicle.
- 2001 Indica V2 launched - 2nd generation Indica. 100,000th Indica wheeled out. Launch of CNG Indica. Launch of the Tata Safari EX Indica V2 becomes India's number one car in its segment. Exits joint venture with Daimler Chrysler.
- 2002 Unveiling of the Tata Sedan at Auto Expo 2002. Petrol version of Indica V2 launched. Launch of the EX series in Commercial vehicles. Launch of the Tata 207 DI. 2,00,000th Indica rolled out. 5,00,000th passenger vehicle rolled out. Launch of the Tata Sumo'+' Series Launch of the Tata Indigo. Tata Engineering signed a product agreement with MG Rover of the UK.
- 2003 Launch of the Tata Safari Limited Edition. The Tata Indigo Station Wagon unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show. On 29th July, J. R. D. Tata's birth anniversary, Tata Engineering becomes Tata Motors Limited. 3 millionth vehicle produced. First CityRover rolled out 135 PS Tata Safari EXi Petrol launched Tata SFC 407 EX Turbo launched
- 2004 Tata Motors unveils new product range at Auto Expo '04. New Tata Indica V2 launched Tata Motors and Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co. Ltd. sign investment agreement Indigo Advent unveiled at Geneva Motor Show Tata Motors completes acquisition of Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Company Tata LPT 909 EX launched Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co. Ltd. (TDCV) launches the heavy duty truck 'NOVUS' , in Korea Sumo Victa launched Indigo Marina launched Tata Motors lists on the NYSE
- 2005 Tata Motors rolls out the 500,000th Passenger Car from its Car Plant Facility in Pune The Tata Xover unveiled at the 75th Geneva Motor Show Branded buses and coaches - Starbus and Globus - launched Tata Motors acquires 21% stake in Hispano Carrocera SA, Spanish bus manufacturing Company Tata Ace, India's first mini truck launched Tata Motors wins JRD QV award for business excellence. The power packed Safari Dicor is launched Introduction of Indigo SX series - luxury variant of Tata Indigo Tata Motors launches Indica V2 Turbo Diesel. One millionth passenger car produced and sold Inauguration of new factory at Jamshedpur for Novus Tata TL 4X4, India's first Sports Utility Truck (SUT) is launched Launch of Tata Novus Launch of Novus range of medium trucks in Korea, by Tata Daewoo Commercial Vehicle Co. (TDCV)
- 2006 Tata Motors vehicle sales in India cross four million mark Tata Motors unveils new long wheel base premium Indigo & X-over concept at Auto Expo 2006 Indica V2 Xeta launched Passenger Vehicle sales in India cross one-million mark Tata Motors and Marcopolo, Brazil, announce joint venture to manufacture fully built buses & coaches for India & markets abroad Tata Motors first plant for small car to come up in West Bengal Tata Motors extends CNG options on its hatchback and estate range TDCV develops South Korea's first LNG-Powered Tractor- Trailer Tata Motors and Fiat Group announce three additional cooperation agreements Tata Motors introduces a new Indigo range
- 2007 Construction of Small Car plant at Singur, West Bengal, begins on January 21 New 2007 Indica V2 range is launched Tata Motors launches the longwheel base Indigo XL, India's first stretch limousine Common rail diesel (DICOR) engine extended to Indigo sedan and estate range Tata Motors and Thonburi Automotive Assembly Plant Co. (Thonburi), announce formation of a joint venture company in Thailand to manufacture, assemble and market pickup trucks. Roll out of 100,000th Ace Tata-Fiat plant at Ranjangaon inaugurated Launch of a new Upgraded range of its entry level utility vehicle offering, the Tata Spacio. CRM-DMS initiative crosses the 1000th location milestone Launch of Magic, a comfortable, safe, four-wheeler public transportation mode, developed on the Ace platform Launch of Winger, India’s only maxi-van Fiat Group and Tata Motors announce establishment of Joint Venture in India Launch of the Sumo Victa Turbo DI, the new upgraded range of its entry-level utility vehicle, the Sumo Spacio Tata Motors launches Indica V2 Turbo with dual airbags and ABS Launch of new Safari DICOR 2.2 VTT range, powered by a new 2.2 L Direct Injection Common Rail (DICOR) engine. Rollout of the one millionth passenger car off the Indica platform.
- 2008 Ace plant at Pantnagar (Uttarakhand) begins production. Indica Vista – the new generation Indica, is launched. Tata Motors' new plant for Nano to come up in Gujarat. Latest common rail diesel offering- the Indica V2 DICOR, launched. Indigo CS (Compact Sedan), world’s first sub four-metre sedan, launched. Launch of the new Sumo -- Sumo Grande, which combines the looks of an SUV with the comforts of a family car. Tata Motors unveils its People's Car, Nano, at the ninth Auto Expo. Xenon, 1-tonne pick-up truck, launched in Thailand. Tata Motors signs definitive agreement with Ford Motor Company to purchase Jaguar and Land Rover. Tata Motors completes acquisition of Jaguar Land Rover. Tata Motors introduces new Super Milo range of buses. Tata Motors is Official Vehicle Provider to Youth Baton Relay for The III Commonwealth Youth Games Pune 2008. Indica Vista – the second generation Indica, is launched. Tata Motors launches passenger cars and the new pick-up in D.R. Congo.
- 2009 Tata Marcopolo Motors' Dharwad plant begins production. Tata Motors launches Nano - The People's Car Introduction of new world standard truck range. Launch of premium luxury vehicles - Jaguar XF, XFR and XKR and Land Rover Discovery 3, Range Rover Sport and Range Rover from Jaguar and Land Rover in India.
- 2010: Tata Ace becomes India's first 1-lakh brand in goods commercial vehicles. Jaguar Land Rover announces opening of its Dealership in New Delhi. Tata Motors to construct heavy truck plant in Myanmar under Government of India's Line of Credit. The company’s Passenger Car Division launches ‘Tata Motors Service Edge' for leading edge customer service.
- 2011: Tata Motors unveils Assembly Plant in South Africa. Jaguar Land Rover inaugurates new vehicle assembly plant in Pune India. Jaguar celebrates 50 years of iconic E-Type. Jaguar c-x75 scoops Louis Vuitton award in Paris. Tata Pixel, new city car concept for Europe, displayed at the 81st Geneva Motor Show. Tata Motors displays Tata Nano EV at the 80th Geneva Motor Show.
- Tata Venture launched
Launch of Tata Divo Luxury Coach and Tata Starbus Ultra
Launch of Tata Nano 2012
Tata Sumo Gold introduced
Range Rover Evoque launched in India
New Tata Indica Vista launched
Tata Magic IRIS and Tata Ace Zip launched
Tata Indica eV2 introduced with 25 kmpl mileage
Tata Pixel, a city car concept for Europe, displayed at the Geneva Motor Show
Refreshed Tata Indigo Manza introduced
Tata Prima ConsTruck range launched
Tata Motors unveiled assembly plant in South Africa
Tata Nano began international journey with Sri Lanka
Tata Motors completes 50 years of its International Business
Jaguar Land Rover inaugurated its vehicle assembly plant in Pune
Tata Nano launched in Nepal
HVTL amalgamates into HVAL renamed as TML Drivelines Ltd.
Tata Motors (Lucknow) produced & dispatched the first Hybrid Chassis to Spain
Tata Motors (Dharwad) rolled out the first Tata Ace Zip
Tata 407 celebrated its silver jubilee year
Jaguar celebrates 50 years of iconic E-Type
- 2012: Tata Motors enters Bangladesh’s new car market
Tata Ace races through the one-million mark in just 2,680 days
Tata Safari Storme, the Real SUV, hits the road
Launch of PT Tata Motors Indonesia
Tata Motors plant at Dharwad comes on stream
Tata Motors enters into distribution agreement in Myanmar
Launch of Tata Ace in South Africa
- 2013 :Tata Nano becomes the first Auto Brand in India to cross 3 million fans on Facebook
The Tata Indigo eCS enters Limca Book of Records
Tata Motors' Jamshedpur plant rolls out its two millionth truck
Tata Nano offered industry first phenomenon - Swipe your credit card and drive home a Nano
Tata Motors launches the world-class range of Tata PRIMA trucks in Sri Lank
• Jaguar Land Rover Automotive plc Launch of $400 million Senior Notes offering
• Tata Nano becomes the first Auto Brand in India to cross 3 million fans on Facebook
• The Tata Indigo eCS enters Limca Book of Records
• Tata Motors' Jamshedpur plant rolls out its two millionth truck
• Tata Nano offered industry first phenomenon - Swipe your credit card and drive home a Nano
• Tata Motors launches the world-class range of Tata PRIMA trucks in Sri Lanka
• Tata Motors to launch MCV buses for intercity and staff transportation
• Tata Motors launches 6 new advanced Heavy Trucks & Tata FleetMan, in Northern India
• Tata Motors conferred with the Indian Multinational of the Year award
• Tata Motors launches Commercial Vehicle Driving Centre in Singrauli
• Tata Motors Ties up with Fusion Automotive to Enter Australian Market
• Tata Motors launches 'Tata Motors Service' for passenger vehicles
• New Nano 'Celebrate Awesomeness' TV commercial breaks record!
• Tata Motors launches in Indonesia Three Strong Products
• Tata Motors launches the brand new-look high-tech showroom in Bangalore
• Tata Motors introduces 'Learn & Earn Scheme', at technical institutes Mumbai & Gujarat
• Tata Motors launches the New Nano Twist
• Tata Motors launches 'REVOTRON' - All New Family of Next Generation Petrol Engines
• Tata Motors unveils the All-New ZEST and the BOLT -America gears up for the 15th IIFA Weekend and Awards 2014 in Tampa Bay
• Tata Motors Launches SOUL
• Tata Motors launches 'ZEST for Stardom', in association with IIFA
• Tata Motors Launches 10 new Prima LX trucks for affordable yet modern trucking
• Tata Motors launches the all-new Tata Aria
• Tata Motors launches next-generation Tata PRIMA heavy trucks in Qatar
• Tata Motors launches the all-new range of Tata ULTRA trucks
• Tata Motors launches Safari Storme brand store on eBay India
• Tata Motors launches the all-new Movus
• Tata Motors enters Algeria with a range of passenger cars
• Tata Motors bags orders for over 2700 buses under the JnNURM - II scheme
• Tata Motors showcase new products for its Municipal range at Municipalika 2014
• Tata Motors launches Prima - the World Truck, in Nepal
• Tata Motors has launched a special edition of Zest model
• Tata Motors has launched Buszone an exclusive dealership for its buses to meet its rising demand for buses
• Tata Motors has launched six models from its prima range of heavy commercial vehicles in Kenya
• Tata Motors bags order for 1,200 trucks from Indian Army
• Tata Motors has launched two variants of the Prima range of trucks in the UAE and three variants of the heavy commercial vehicles in Oman
• Tata Motors has inked a pact with Total Lubrifiants to supply high performance lubricants
• Tata Motors has made automotive history in Britain with the launch of Jaguar newest model XE
• Tata Motors has inked a distribution and supply agreement with Vietnam TMT Joint Stock Company to mark its foray into the South East Asian country
• Tata Motors in association with Manahil International Company has opened one of the largest automobile showroom and service facilities in Gulf.
• Tata Motors inks 5-year agreement with Tata Technologies to leverage mutual strengths
• Tata Motors - that Jaguar Land Rover (JLR) is planning to double the size of its Engine Manufacturing Centre (EMC) as part of a EUR 450 million expansion programme
• Tata Motors has issues rights to its existing shareholders in the Ratio of 6:109
• Tata Motors launches lubricants with Petronas
• Tata Motors signs contract with MMRDA to supply buses
• Tata Motors bags order for 25 Hybrid buses from MMRDA
• Tata Motors launches TIAGO
• Tata Motors signs up Akshay Kumar as brand ambassador for CVs
• Tata Motors generates employment opportunities for over 200 candidates in J&K
In 2017- wins Best learning Organization of Asia (2011-12)
In 2016- Ranked amongst top 25best companies to work for-Business Today Survey 2016
- Tata Motors among India’s most Trusted Brand in cars
- Tata Motors wins award at the Bangkok International Motor Expo
- Tata Motors - Investor Relations ranked first in India
- Nirmal Gram Puraskar awarded to Potka panchayat.
- Tata Motors bags the NDTV Profit Business Leadership Award 2008
- Tata Motors awarded the Top Exporter Trophy by EEPC
- CVBU Pune wins Rajiv Gandhi National Quality Award for 2007.
- PCBU bags Handa Golden Key Award.
- Tata Motors receives Uptime Champion Award 2007
- Aggregates Business, CVBU, bags 'Best Supplier Award' from ECEL
- 'NDTV Profit' Business Leadership Award
- Tata Motors bags National Award for Excellence in Cost Management.
- Tata Motors' TRAKIT bags silver award for 'Excellence in Design'
- Tata Motors Pune - CVBU has bagged the 'Golden Peacock National Quality Award
- Tata Motors was awarded four prestigious honours, at the 'CNBC TV18- Autocar.
- Tata Motors chosen as India's Most Trusted Brand in Cars.
- Business today selects Mr. P.P. Kadle as India's Best CFO in 2005.
- Pune Foundry Division bags prestigious Green Foundry Award.
- Tata Motors is 'Commercial Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year'.
- ACE bags 'Best Commercial Vehicle Design' at the BBC-Top Gear Awards.
- Jamshedpur bags National Energy Conservation Award for the fourth consecutive year. Tata Motors bags the prestigious' CII-EXIM Bank award' for business excellence.
- Tata Motors receives JRD QV awards for Business Excellence.
- 'Car Maker of the Year' Award for Tata Motors.
- Tata Motors is 'Commercial Vehicle Manufacturer of the Year'.
- TNS Voice of the Customer Award for Indica Diesel.
- 'CFO of the Year Award 2004' awarded to Mr Praveen P Kadle, Executive Director
- Tata Motors wins the prestigious 'Corporate Platinum' Award Tata Motors wins 'Golden Peacock Award' for Corporate Social Responsibility.
- Tata Motors CVBU Pune wins National Energy Award.
- Tata Motors - Jamshedpur wins 'Energy Efficient Unit Award'.
- Tata Motors wins the first CSIR Diamond Jubilee Technology Award.
- Tata Motors Training Division Wins 'Golden Peacock National Training Award 2004'.
- Tata Motors case study wins first prize in iiie productivity contest.
- Tata Motors wins award for fair business practices.
- Tata Indica and Tata Safari EXi win awards.
- Tata Motors-Car plant gets two ISO certifications.
- Tata Motors bags awards at 14th National Convention of INSAAN
- Indica and Safari win accolades
- Tata Motors pune awarded second place in national level competition in energy co.
- Tata Motors Receives 'India's Best Employer' Award from the Employe.
- Tata Motors, CVBU, Pune has won the prestigious Handa Golden Key award institute
- CVBU receives commendation certificate for 'strong commitment to TQM'.
- Tata Motors team wins The Runners up Position at The Asian Business Simulation
- The Prestigious Balanced Scorecard Collaborative Hall Of Fame Award
- Tata Motors receives all India trophies for Top Exporters
- Tata Indigo ad campaign wins Effie award
- Golden Peacock Environment Management Award - 2003
- Industry and Technology Award, 2002
- Tata Indigo - Most Exciting New Car of the Year - ICICI Bank & Overdrive Awa
- Tata Engineering - A Socially Responsible Corporate, says TERI
- 'Prof. Vasant Rao Rolling Trophy' for Value Engineering - 2002
- Tata Engineering was conferred Bharat Gaurav Puraskar
- Best Value for Money Car of the Year - Tata Indigo CNBC Auto Car Auto Awards - 2
- 'Voice of the Customer Award' for 'Best Diesel Small Car' - Tata Indica by NFO A
- India CFO Award 2002
- Tata Engineering bags INSAAN awards
- National Best Training Establishment Award
- Good Corporate Citizen award
- National Award for Successful Commercialisation of Indigenous Technology
- National Award for R&D Efforts
- Regional Top Exporter's Trophy
- Best Company Award at Workskills Competition
- EEPC Award for Tata Engineering