Siemens has a history that goes way back to 1847 when it was founded by Werner von Siemens. He invented world’s first pointer telegraph and electric dynamo. It was incorporated in year 1957 in India.
The Siemens Group in India has emerged as a leading inventor, innovator and implementer of leading-edge technology enabled solutions operating in the core business segments of Industry, Energy and Healthcare. The Group’s business is represented by various companies that span across these various segments. Siemens brings to India state-of-the-art technology that adds value to customers through a combination of multiple high-end technologies for complete solutions. The Group has the competence and capability to integrate all products, systems and services. It caters to Industry needs across market segments by undertaking complete projects such as Hospitals, Airports and Industrial units.
The Siemens Group in India comprises of 17 companies, providing direct employment to over 18,000 persons. Currently, the group has 21 manufacturing plants, a wide network up of Sales and Service offices across the country as well as over 500 channel partners.
Today, Siemens, with its world-class solutions plays a key role in India’s quest for developing modern infrastructure.
With effect from March 14, 2011, Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Ltd. (SHDL) amalgamated with Siemens Ltd. and stands dissolved. Siemens Ltd. has issued and allotted 3,134,700 Equity Shares of ` 2 each fully paid-up to the shareholders of erstwhile SHDL on 24th March, 2011. The entire business and undertaking of the company now gets transferred to and in the name of Siemens Ltd. In 2010 Siemens Home Appliances launched a washing machine model which saves energy.
In May 2011, Siemens received the Certificate of Registration from the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to operate a non-banking finance company for its financial services business in India, Siemens Financial Services Private Limited (SFSPL). SFSPL will focus on developing an asset financing business by offering products such as loans, leasing and other finance products as permitted by the RBI to Siemens customers in India in the Industry, Energy and Healthcare sectors, as well as pursuing opportunities in other third party markets.
In August 2011, the Healthcare Sector of Siemens Ltd. installed five state-of-the-art medical technologies at Kovai Medical Center & Hospital in Coimbatore, raising quality and efficiency of healthcare availability in this city. Making its presence for the first time in Tamil Nadu, these technologies allow highly accurate and early diagnosis of all kinds of ailments, thus aiding precise treatment.
Automation and Controls: Intelligent system solutions - from building automation to process control to plant operation systems.
Energy: Siemens consolidates its innovative offerings in the Energy sector by combining its full range expertise in the areas of Power Generation (PG) and Power Transmission & Distribution (PTD).
Healthcare: Siemens Healthcare division enables clinicians to diagnose disease earlier and more accurately, making a decisive contribution to improving the quality of healthcare.
Lighting: Osram, a Siemens company is one of the world's largest lighting companies. It's lamps can be found on famous landmarks, building interiors and even living rooms all over.
Mobility: Products and solutions in railway signaling and safety systems, traffic control and automation, electrification, traction equipment for locomotives and multiple unit system and mass transit vehicles.
Building Technologies: Siemens Building Technologies specializes in meeting the growing demand for increased personal safety and more secure public and private infrastructures by electronic security and building automation systems.
2011- Siemens - Siemens won Rs.319 crores order from PGCILSiemens reached a milestone of 100th Gas Insulated Switchgear
• Siemens launches SIMATIC S7-1500 with TIA Portal
• Siemens installs Asia’s first SOMATOM Definition Edge CT scanner at PSG Hospitals, Coimbatore
• Siemens Limited wins contract to build first private sector-funded GIS substation in Bangladesh
• Siemens wins order to modernize Korba Stage-II plant of NTPC
• Siemens wins repeat order for Gurgaon Metro South Extension project
• Siemens Corporate Citizenship Film Runner-up at Global Sustainability Awards -Siemens-powered Rapid Metro Rail Gurgaon begins operations
• Siemens inaugurates State-of-the-Art Test Center for Motors
• Siemens installs SOMATOM Perspective 128 slice CT scanner at SRL Diagnostics-Speedscans, Surat
• Siemens introduces cutting-edge patient care technology with two new solutions - Biograph mCT Flow & Symbia Intevo.
• Siemens launches best-fit controller for mid-sized DCS market - AS 410 SMART
• Siemens India launches Scholarship for engineering students
• Siemens launches optimized servo drive system for motion control applications
• Siemens installs world’s longest lab automation track at Thyrocare
• Siemens Installs India’s First Ultrasound System with Wireless Transducers at K.G. Hospital, Coimbatore
• Siemens bags orders from Reliance Industries for supply of steam turbines
• Siemens successfully delivers 1200kV CVT to National Test Station, Power Grid
• Siemens wins international recognition for its motors manufactured in India
• Siemens wins order worth Rs. 317 crores from Bihar Grid Company Ltd.
• Siemens Ltd surpasses 100,000 milestone for energy-efficient industrial motors
• Siemens Ltd has bagged orders worth Rs 450 crore from Varanasi-based Diesel Locomotive Works
• Siemens Ltd wins Rs. 55 crore order for High Voltage Circuit Breakers from Algeria
• Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 123 crore from Power Grid Company of Bangladesh
• Siemens Ltd has received an order worth Rs 67 crore for supply of high voltage gas insulated switchgear from Larsen and Toubro
• Siemens Ltd has powers cities across three states Punjab, Uttarakhand and Haryana with Smart Grid solutions
• Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 81 crore from Diesel Locomotive Works
• Siemens Ltd has received an order of Rs 79 crore from Pune based wind turbine supplier, Suzlon Energy Limited.
• Siemens Ltd. - IL&FS & GIFTCL sign MoU with Siemens to develop Smart Mobility Solutions for GIFT
• Siemens India has opened up a global skill centre for occupational safety in Mumbai in collaboration with TUV Rheinland India
• Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 155 crore from PSI International
• Siemens Ltd. wins order worth Rs. 112 crore for supply of Air Insulated Substations
• Siemens secures Rs 113 cr contract in Bangladesh
• Siemens bags order worth Rs 78 cr from PGCIL
• Siemens bags order worth Rs 83 cr from Railways
• Siemens bags Rs 570 cr order from PGCIL
• Siemens Launches ''Smart Buildings'' Experience & Training Centre in India'