Shree Cement the leading cement manufacturing in North India was incorporated in the year 1978.It has more than trebled its cement capacity in the last 5 years to reach a present cement capacity of 13.5 million tons per annum. Its cement plants are located at Beawar, Ras, Khushkhera, Jobner and Suratgarh in Rajasthan and Laksar (Roorkee) in Uttarakhand. The company follows a multibrand strategy and sells cement under the highly recognized brands of Shree Ultra, Bangur and Rockstrong which together enjoy the largest market share in high value markets of Rajasthan, Delhi and Haryana.
Shree Cement markets its products under three Shree Ultra Jung Rodhak Cement, Bangur Cement and Tuff Cemento.
Shree also has a power generation capacity of 260 MW with plants located at Beawar and Ras in Rajasthan, including waste heat recovery power plants of 46 MW capacity, which is the largest such capacity in the global cement industry excluding China. The company is further expanding its power capacity by setting up a 300 MW (2 x 150MW) power plant at Beawar which is likely to be commissioned by the third quarter of 2011-12 and will take Shree's overall capacity to 560 MW.
- CII-ITC Sustainability Award - 2010 for nurturing innovation, promoting excellence, building trust and contribution towards sustainable future for all
- ICC Sustainability Vision Award 2010 - 11 by Indian Chamber of Commerce for “CSR contributing inclusive growth”
- Golden Peacock Award by Institute of Directors for Climate Security
- FE-EVI Green Business Leadership Award by Financial Express & Emergent Ventures India for Green Business Practices
- National Award for Excellence in Energy Management - 2010 by Confederation of Indian Industry (CII)
- National Award for Excellence in Cost Management - 2009 by The Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI)
- Greentech HR Excellence Silver Award in best Strategy - 2010
- Best Employer Award by The Employers Association of Rajasthan
- Jal Star Award by Dainik Bhaskar for the year 2011-12Nirmata Rajya Mitra Award by the Department of Taxation for the year 2010-11Greentech HR Gold award for best Strategy in HR practices 2011-12CII-ITC sustainability award commendation certificate for significant achievement.First Prize for Noise & Ground vibrations during mines environment & conservation week by IBMFirst prize for overall performance in 25th Mines Safety Week under Director General of Mines safety, Ajmer region to Ras minesUIT Bhiwadi award to KKG unit for CSR activitiesNational awards for Excellence in Water Management 2011 as “Water Efficient Unit” by CIINCCBM Award for Second Best Quality Excellence for the year 2010-11Certificate of Excellence Award by The Employers Association of RajasthanNew World Sustainability Champions by the World Economic Forum (WEF)National award for cost management by Institute of Cost and Works Accountants of IndiaBest Innovation Award Gold by CIOL Dataquest Enterprise C-Change Enterprise Awards 2011Second prize of Bhiwadi Manufacturer’s Association BMA Award -R.L. Rajgarhia Award for Energy Conservation 2010 to KKGU.Jamnalal Bajaj award for Fair Business Practices
- 2012-13Golden Peacock Business Excellence Award for the year 2013State Level Productivity Excellence AwardBest Corporate Social Responsibility Practice Award by BSEGlobal HR Excellence award for organization with Innovative HR practices at World HRD congressGlobal HR Excellence award for HR research of the year at World HRD congressMother Teresa Corporate Citizen Award by Loyola Institute of Business Administration, ChennaiNirmata Rajya Mitra Award by the Department of Taxation for the year 2011-12International Green Apple Gold award and Green Hero Title by Green Organization, LondonCSR award by Suratgarh Municipality to SGUDainik Bhaskar Green Idol awardFirst Prize for Energy conservation during mines environment & conservation week by IBMSkoch Digital inclusion award 2012Financial Express – Emergent Venture India Green Business Leader Award, 2011-12'
• Shree Cement is one of the largest cement manufacturer in Northern India with annual capacity of 135 lac tons.
• Shree Cement - Mother Teresa Award for Corporate Citizen 2012 n recognition of various ‘Samaj Seva Work’ one for nearby community.
• The Company has been conferred the Nirmata Rajya Mitra Award by Commercial Taxes Department, Government of Rajasthan for highest tax payer.
• The Company has won the ''Social and Corporate Governance Award'' for Best Corporate Social Responsibility Practices.
• The company has received the Golden Peacock Business Excellence Award for its quality of leadership and governance, innovation and sustainability.
• The Company has lighted up its Clinker Manufacturing Unit having capacity of 6000 Ton per day (TPD) at Bangur City, Ras in Pali Distt of Rajasthan.
• The company as part of its ''Samaj Sewa'' (CSR) initiative, has created a history by organizing a massive Blood Donation Camp.
• Shree Cement inaugurates new unit of 2.0 Million Tons Per Annum (MTRA) capacity at Bangur City, Ras, District Pali, Rajasthan.
• Shree Cement - Commissioning of Grinding Unit of 2.0 Million Tons Per Annum (MTPA) capacity at Aurangabad in Bihar.
• Company has started the commercial production of its Grinding Unit.
• Shree Cement - Execution of Business Transfer Agreement with Jaiprakash Associates Ltd. situated at Panipat, Haryana and Competition Commission of India (CCI) has passed Approval for proposed Combination.
• Shree Cement Ltd has commissioned Cement Mill Section of 2.60 Million Tons Per Annum (MTPA) Capacity at Baloda Bazar near Raipur in Chhattisgarh -Shree Cement Ltd has completed the phase-2 of ''Ras New Cement Unit'' at Rajasthan and enhanced its Cement Production Capacity by 2.00 MTPA . -Shree Cement has completed the acquisition of MTPA cement grinding unit of Jaiprakash Associates for an aggregate consideration of Rs. 358.22 Crores -Shree Cement Ltd has commissioned Clinker manufacturing unit of 1.50 Million Tons Per Annum (MTPA) Capacity at Baloda Bazar near Raipur in Chhattisgarh -Shree Cement - Commissioning of Grinding Unit at Bulandshahr in Uttar Pradesh
• Shree Cement secures first non-coal mining lease in Chhattisgarh -Shree Cement gets 5-star ranking for its cement plants -Shree Cement bags coal linkage for its Chhattisgarh cement plant