Piramal Enterprise, formerly known as Nicholas Piramal, is one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in India. Being part of Piramal Group, its healthcare division contributes 50% to group’s revenue. Besides healthcare, the Piramal Group has business interests in areas of glass manufacturing, retail and real estate.
Piramal Healthcare operates two divisions namely healthcare solutions and pharma solutions. PHL is one of the largest custom manufacturing companies with global presence in North America, Europe and Asia.
Today, operating across multiple verticals within healthcare, life sciences and drug delivery systems, healthcare information management, financial services and contract manufacturing services, the company has diversified further.
Healthcare solutions- Headquartered in Mumbai, the company has manufacturing facilities located at Baddi in Himachal Pradesh and Mulund in Maharashtra.
Pharma solutions- PHL’s manufacturing units are located at Mahad and Thane in Maharashtra, Ennore in Tamil Nadu, Digwal in Andhra Pradesh, Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh, Morpeth, Grangemouth, Huddersfield and Billingham in the U.K. and Torcan in Canada.
Products and services
Pharma Solutions- This division is engaged in manufacturing of API and formulations in nine therapeutic areas. The company operates one of the leading custom manufacturing businesses in the world, due to this PHL offers a full lifecycle partnership to small/virtual and big pharma. It provides services such as clinical phase APIs, clinical phase formulations and commercial APIs. It also offers packaging solutions.
Healthcare solutions- Under this, PHL has developed multi-ingredient formulations and single-ingredients products.
PHLacquired US-based RxElite Holdings, the inhalation anaesthetic gas distribution arm of RxElite. The acquisition gives Piramal ownership of Holdings' sales and distribution network in the US.
2011 - Piramal's Pharma Solutions manufacturing site at Grangemouth, Scotland became the world’s first contract supplier at commercial scale for ADCs.
Fortune 500 ranks Piramal Healthcare in the top-50 largest corporations across India.
Ranked #5 out of the top 10 pharmaceutical contract manufacturers worldwide and #1 in India by the ‘UN Conference on Trade and Development’s World Investment Report 2011’.
2012 - Piramal Healthcare Limited renamed to Piramal Enterprises Limited.
Piramal Enterprises Limited acquires molecular imaging development portfolio of Bayer Pharma.
Platinum Award for Manufacturing Excellence by Frost & Sullivan in partnership with the Economic Times in 2012.
2013 - Piramal Water (Sarvajal) honoured with ‘Enabling Technology Award of the Year 2013’ by Frost & Sullivan'
• Five Star Safety Ratings by British Safety Council for Quality and Reliability 2013.
• CMO Leadership Award for Quality 2013.
• CMO Leadership Award for Reliability 2013.
• Most Reliable CMO award 2013.
• Two Gold Emvie Media Awards for Best Media Strategy and Best Media Innovation on Radio 2013 for Saridon.
• The People’s Choice Award for the top 10 advertisers at The EMVIES 2013 for Saridon.
• Kaan Award 2013 for Saridon.
• Golden Mikes Award 2013 for Saridon.
• Asian Consumer Engagement Award 2013 for Saridon.
• Most Outstanding Exporter in the ceramic sector by the NCE Export Awards 2013.
• Top 100 Inspiring Social Tech Venture by Nominat Trust in 2013.
• Frugal Innovation of the Year by The World Intellectual Property Organization in 2013.
• Enabling Technology Award of the Year by Frost & Sullivan, India, 2013.
• FORCE Shared Value Award by FORCE, India, 2013.
• Featured in India's Top 10 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, USA, 2013.
• E-Governance Award for Health advice call centre, Government of Maharashtra in 2013.
• Sword of Honour from the British Safety Council, UK, 2014.
• Best Contract Service Provider award for Antibody Drug Conjugate at the World ADC, 2014.
• Bethlehem plant ranked No. 3 on the list of Greater Lehigh Valley Business - Top 30 Fastest Growing Companies, 2014.
• ET Best Brands Award, 2014, for Saridon.
• Polycrol Plus won the India Star Award for Innovation Design & Development Packaging, 2014.
• ICanhelp queries won the bronze at INK Newspaper Awards, 2014.
• Decision Resources Group (DRG): American Business Award (2014).
• Ranked at no. #12 in the Top 75 Asia Real Estate Fund Managers Ranking by PERE, 2014.
• PERE Global Award for Firm of the Year – India, 2014.
• Private Debt Investor Award for Real Estate Debt Fund Manager of the Year – Asia, 2014.
• Best Innovation in User Industry Award by CII for Supply Chain and Logistics Excellence, 2014.
• National Quality Excellence Award for Supply Chain Innovation by the Asia Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit, 2014.
• Piramal Family won the Distinguished Family of the year by Forbes Philanthropy Awards, India, 2014.
• Excellence Award for Best Corporate Social Responsibility at the UBM India Pharma Awards, 2014.
• Listed as the Top 5 Social Contributors Brand by PITCH - Top 50, 2014.
• Piramal Glass Jambusar plant wins Good Housekeeping Green Environment Competition (GHKC GreEnv) 2014 award by Baroda Productivity Council in the ‘Other Industry’ category.
• Piramal Foundation wins the Excellence Award for Best Corporate Social Responsibility at the UBM India Pharma Awards 2014.
• Four CMO Leadership Awards in three key categories: Quality, Reliability, & Regulatory and was voted amongst the top 10% in these categories, 2015.
• Featured in 50 Most Talented Leaders in Water & Water Management Citation by World CSR Congress, 2015.
• TOI Social Impact Award in the Health – Corporate category, 2015.
• Piramal Fund Management has been recognized as the Best Overall Investment Manager (India) in Euromoney’s 11th Annual Real Estate Survey 2015.
• Ajay Piramal receives the Business Leader (Indian company in the U.S.) of the Year, 2015 award by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC).
• Piramal Foundation recognized as one of India’s Best NGOs to Work for 2015, by Great Place to Work® Institute.
• Piramal Foundation wins CSR award for Best Education program by ACEF.
• Piramal Glass wins the ‘6th ASIA's BEST EMPLOYER BRAND AWARDS 2015’ under the ‘Award for HR Strategy’ category.
• Piramal Foundation wins the Corporate Crusader Award at the fifth annual Olive Crown Awards hosted by the India Chapter of International Advertising Association (IAA) on March 27, 2015.
• Piramal Enterprises’ Healthcare division wins “Achievement in Continuous Improvement” award at the 4th Asia Manufacturing Supply Chain Summit 2015.
• Piramal Foundation Receives Corporate Trailblazer Award from Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
• Ajay Piramal received the Business Leader (Indian company in the U.S.) of the Year, 2015 award by the Indo-American Chamber of Commerce (IACC).
• Piramal Pharma Solutions receives ‘API Supplier of the Year’ award at Global Generics and Biosimilar Award 2015.
• Piramal Pharma Solutions wins the Best Customer Experience award of the year - Pharmaceutical at Customer Fest 2016.
• Piramal Sarvajal awarded for Best Smart Water System Implementation by the World CSR Congress.
• Piramal Swasthya awarded Express Public Healthcare Award.
• Piramal Sarvajal wins the FT/IFT Transformational Business Award for achievement in transformational technology.
• Piramal Imaging’s product gallium-68 RM2 receives the Annual Aunt Minnie 2016 Best Radiology Image award.
• Piramal Fund Management wins Best Overall Investment Manager – India’ by Euromoney 2016.