Lupin is a transnational company engaged in development of APIs, generic and branded formulations.
It is the largest manufacturer of Tuberculosis drugs in the world having onshore and offshore presence of its products in 70 countries.
Its manufacturing unit is located in Goa, Tarapur, Ankleshwar, Jammu, Mandideep, Indore, Aurangabad and Kyowa in Japan.
The manufacturing facilities of the company are approved by various international regulatory agencies like US FDA, UK MHRA, TGA Australia, WHO, and MCC South Africa.
In formulations it offers wide range of products for treatment of Cephalosporins, CVS, CNS, Anti-Asthma, Anti-TB, Diabetology, Dermatology, GI, and many more. It constitutes 70% of Lupin’s business .It has presence in USA, Europe, Japan, Australia and emerging markets of India and some of the other rest of world countries.
In APIs segement it has a basket of product offerings for treatment of TB, Cardiovasculars, Cephalosporins and many more.
In CRAMS (Contract Research and Manufacturing Services) space, it has acquired Novodigm who is engaged into developing and validating of products
- New Plant inaugurated at Sikkim
- Lupin Launches Generic Ortho-Cyclen® 28 Tablets in the US
- Lupin Launches Generic MS Contin® ER Tablets in the US
- Astellas and Lupin’s subsidiary Kyowa enter into an Agreement
- Lupin launches Generic Epzicom® tablets in the US
- Lupin launches Generic Minastrin® 24 Fe chewable tablets in the US
- Lupin launches Hydrocodone Bitartrate and Acetaminophen tablets in the US
- Lupin launches Generic Paxil CR® tablets in the US
- Lupin Launches Generic Pristiq® Tablets in the US
- Lupin Launches Generic Temovate® Clobetasol Propionate Scalp Application in the US
- Lupin launches generic Topicort® LP Emollient Cream and Topicort® Cream in the US
- Lupin launches generic Wellbutrin XL® Tablets in the US
- Lupin and Lilly Expand Partnership in India
- Lupin launches generic Fosrenol Chewable Tablets in the US
- Lupin launches generic Seroquel XR® tablets in the US
- Lupin’s alliance partner Natco receives FDA approval for generic Fosrenol Chewable Tablets
- Lupin launches generic Vigamox® Ophthalmic solution in the US
- Lupin launches generic Benicar® tablets in the US
- Lupin Acquires Symbiomix Therapeutics LLC
- Lupin launches generic Norco® tablets in the US
- New Plant inaugurated at Visakhapatnam
- Lupin Acquires Gavis Pharma in New Jersey
- Inaugurated a Center of Excellence for Inhalation Research in Coral Springs, Florida
- Lupin Acquires Specialty Product Portfolio of Temmler Pharma GmbH & Co. in Germany
- Lupin Acquires Biocom in Russia.
- Lupin Acquires Medquimica in Brazil.
- Lupin completes the acquisition of Pharma Dynamics in South Africa.
- Lupin Acquires Laboratorios Grin S.A. De C.V., Mexico; Specialty Ophthalmic Company; Enters the Latin American Market.
- Lupin Acquires Nanomi B.V. - Enters Complex Injectables Space.
- Inauguration of new Plant at Nagpur.
- Top Indian Pharma company under the ‘Pharmaceuticals’ sector for the Dun & Bradstreet – Rolta Corporate Awards 2010.
- Lupin ranked amongst India's Top 3 'Best Companies to Work For' in Healthcare and Pharma Sector.
- Hall of Fame Award by Chemtech Foundation (Leadership and Excellence Awards)
- IMM (Institute of Marketing and Management) Award for Excellence as Top Organisation.
- Lupin ranked 2nd amongst India's 'Best Companies to Work for' in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Sector.
- Indian Pharmaceutical Company of the Year 2010' by Frost & Sullivan India Excellence in Healthcare Awards 2010.
- Best Drug Development Company, Asia' by The New Economy Pharmaceutical & Healthcare Awards 2010
- Lupin wins 'The Most Promising Entrant into the Big League' by CNBC India Business Leader Awards 2010
- International Excellence Award by Institute of Economic Studies.
- Outstanding Export Performance Award by Pharmexcil (Pharmaceuticals Export Promotion Council of India)
- 'Wal-Mart Supplier Award of Excellence' for overall commitment, performance, on-time shipping, innovative programs and overall partnership.
- Amerisource Bergen, one of the largest and leading wholesalers in the US conferred the “Best New Manufacturer of the Year, Generics Rx” to Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
- Cardinal Health conferred two awards – the “Trade Representative of the Year” and the “Quality Supplier Award” to Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc.
2014Lupin Acquires Laboratorios Grin S.A. De C.V., Mexico; Specialty Ophthalmic Company; Enters the Latin American Market.Lupin Acquires Nanomi B.V. - Enters Complex Injectables Space.
2013Inauguration of new Plant at Nagpur.
2012Lupin launches Generic Geodon Capsules'.Lupin launches Generic SEROQUEL Tablets
2011Lupin Acquires I'rom Pharmaceuticals through its Japanese Subsidiary.Lupin and Medicis Enter into Joint Development Agreement.Lupin acquires Worldwide Rights for the Goanna® Brand.
2010 : Lupin Limited has launched Ilyalgan® (sodium hyaluronate), an osteoarthritis drug, available in the form of an injectable through leading orthopaedics and physiotherapists across the country. 2009: Lupin acquired majority stake in Multicare Pharmaceuticals Philippines Inc.
2008: Lupin expanded its product basket in Japan-Kyowa and received ten products approval from Ministry of Health & Labour Welfare, Japan.
Lupin acquired Hormosan Pharma GmbH, a Generic Company in Germany.
Lupin acquired stake in Generic Health Pty Ltd., in Australia.
Lupin acquired Pharma Dynamics in South Africa.
2007: Lupin acquired Vadodara based Rubamin Laboratories Ltd (rechristened to Novodigm Ltd).
Lupin acquired Kyowa Pharmaceutical Industry Company Limited, a leading Generic Company in Japan.
Commercial production was started at the New finished dosage facility at Jammu.
Lupin received “Best new manufacturer of the year” award from Amerisource Bergen.
2006: A new facility was set up at Jammu.
Maiden Bonus share were issued in the ratio of 1:1.
Maiden issue of Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds (FCCB) aggregating US $100 mn, which are listed on Singapore Stock Exchange.
2005: Maiden Employees Stock Option Plan was implemented.
US FDA and MHRA (UK) approvals were received for Goa.
New Lovastatin plant at Tarapur was approved by the US FDA.
2004: WHO approval was received for State of the art formulation Plants at Goa and Aurangabad.
2003: Lupin had successfully implemented SAP ERP across the Company to unify all business functions and processes.
Introduced collaborative messaging and workflow solution on the intranet.
Oral Cefaclor injectible Plant at Mandideep was approved by US FDA.
Lupin Pharmaceuticals Inc. USA, was formed for trading, marketing and developmental activities in the US.
2002: Exports to the Advanced Markets crossed Rs.1000 mn.
Rising trend of exports as a % of total revenue – up 33% year-over-year.
Patent filings crossed 100.
Five ANDAs were filed.
New Anti-TB facility was commissioned at Aurangabad.
Rablet was rated by ORG-Marg as the second best launch of FY 2002-03.
2001: Lupin became the only Asian Pharmaceutical company to receive US FDA approvals for its sterile cephalosporin facility.
A state of the art US FDA approvable oral cephalosporin bulk active plant was commissioned.
State of the art R&D Centre at Pune was commissioned.
Lupin commenced supply of Cephalosporin bulk actives to its alliance partners in the US.
Lupin Laboratories Ltd was amalgamated with Lupin Chemicals Ltd, whose name was changed to Lupin Limited.
2000: The Cefotaxime facility was approved by the US FDA.The Company’s restructuring operations yielded encouraging results.
Work commenced on the R&D Centre at Pune.
1999: Lupin’s injectable cephalosporin bulk active plant at Mandideep was approved by UK MCA.
1997: Lupin’s injectable Cephalosporins dosages plant at Mandideep obtained UK MCA approval.
Lupin’s formulations facility at Aurangabad was upgraded.
Three plants of Lupin, manufacturing Cefaclor at Mandideep, 7 ACCA at Ankleshwar and Rifampicin at Tarapur, got US FDA approvals.
ICMA Technology award was given for injectable Cephalosporins.
1996: Government of India conferred the ‘Best Exporter’ Award on Lupin.
Company received the ICMA Technology award for injectable Cephalosporins.
1992: Fermentation Plant of Lupin Chemicals Ltd was established at Tarapur, Maharashtra.
Sterile Plant for injectable Cephalosporins (bulk) was commissioned at Mandideep.
Lupin Laboratories Ltd and Lupin Chemicals Ltd raised money through IPOs in 1993-94.
Won FICCI’s award for contribution towards rural development.
1991: Injectable cephalosporin (bulk and dosages) production was initiated at Mandideep.
Lupin won the ICMA technology award for successfully manufacturing Vitamin B6.
1989: Joint venture in Thailand – Lupin Chemicals (Thailand) Ltd was established.
Two Plants Ankleshwar and Mandideep received US FDA approvals for maintaining stringent quality standards.
1988: The Lupin Human Welfare and Research Foundation (LHWRF) was founded by Dr Desh Bandhu Gupta to provide an alternative, sustainable and replicable model of rural development.
1987: Cephalexin Plant at Mandideep and 7 ADCA plant at Ankleshwar went on stream.
1981: Ethambutol production was started
1980: Lupin commissioned a formulations plant and an R&D center at Aurangabad.
1972: Lupin Laboratories Pvt Ltd was incorporated.
1968: Lupin commenced business.